Grab your book, blanket and beanie – we’re hibernating with books this winter!
Calling all early risers, morning motivators, lunchtime readers, after work relaxers, and bedtime snugglers - incorporate reading into your daily routine with the Warm Winter Read.
Create healthy reading habits this winter by tracking your progress online via Beanstack (a reading tracker app you can access for free with your library membership) or by collecting a paper tracker from your local library.
Start a book from your TBR pile, finish that book you put down months ago, or find something new while browsing the library shelves - the Warm Winter Read is waiting for you.
Log each day you spend time reading, between Wednesday 1 June – Sunday 31 July, on the Beanstack Tracker app, or record it on a paper tracker from your local Brimbank library.
Let us inspire you!
Collect bookmarks with recommended reads from Victorian authors including Jane Harper, Jock Serong, Maxine Beneba Clare, Toni Jordan, Rebecca Lim, Claire G Coleman, Helen Garner and Christos Tsiolkas, from your local library. We've put together a handy reading guide packed full of these recommendations in our catalogue so you can reserve a few straightaway.
Join the conversation online by sharing your progress through the eight activities using #WarmWinterRead
- Choose something to read - try a Victorian writer, ask us for a recommendation!
- Swap some screen time for reading time
- Read outside your home
- Read aloud to a pet, person or plant
- Snuggle up with your read
- Read while doing something else; commuting, waiting, doing chores (ebooks/audiobooks are great for this!)
- Talk about what you’re reading in person or online
- Choose something else to read! Choose what to read next!
Subscribe to our Celebrating Learning Newsletter
A quarterly newsletter sharing local activities, resources and research relating to lifelong learning in Brimbank.