1000 Books Before School
Sharing stories with babies and young children helps develop literacy skills that will prepare them for reading at school. Register at any Brimbank Library for 1000 Books Before School to start your reading adventure!
How 1000 Books Before School works
- Register at any Brimbank Library to receive your first Reading Record and reading kit to get you started. A library membership is required to join the program.
- Mark, colour or place a sticker on your Reading Record each time you read together with your child.
- Each time you reach a milestone in your Reading Record, bring it in to any Brimbank Library for a special reward.
- Every book that your child completes, or actively listens to, counts – this includes stories read at Storytime sessions, daycare, playgroup, kindergarten, as well as the same book over and over again. You can read books from anywhere – not just library books.
- The program finishes once your child reaches 1000 books, or starts school. Congratulations!
Search for and Book an Event
Upcoming Special Events:
VCE Units 3 & 4 Biology Revision Session - St Albans Library
Monday 27 Aug, 2018 5:00 pm
St Albans Library
VCE EAL – English as Additional Language - Sunshine Library
Monday 24 Sep, 2018 11:00 am
VCE English Units 3 and 4 Exam Revision - Deer Park Library
Tuesday 25 Sep, 2018 11:00 am
Deer Park Library
VCE English Units 3 and 4 Exam Revision - Sydenham Library
Thursday 27 Sep, 2018 11:00 am
Upcoming Computer Classes:
Upcoming Groups and Clubs:
Subscribe to our Celebrating Learning Newsletter
A bimonthly newsletter sharing local activities, resources and research relating to lifelong learning in Brimbank.