Read through Council's Community Learning Strategy, a framework for improving the learning outcomes of the community.
A bimonthly newsletter sharing local projects, good news stories, information and resources relating to learning in all its forms.
An online community noticeboard, sharing information on local activities, events and learning opportunities uploaded by the public.
Watch the videos of local Learning Champions who have undertaken different pathways to achieve their goals.
A collection of learning research and data for local service providers or interested community members.
Search for local homework clubs and learning courses and activities, or discover a range of online resources and useful websites to help you with your learning.
Subscribe to our Celebrating Learning Newsletter
A bimonthly newsletter sharing local activities, resources and research relating to lifelong learning in Brimbank.
Learning & Information Exchange - Terms & Conditions
Information which is posted on Brimbank City Council’s Learning & Information Exchange page must have a learning focus and be of interest to local residents, businesses or visitors of the City of Brimbank. Posts can include programs, events, information, images, multimedia content, research or initiatives that will be of benefit to the community.
Information which is posted on Brimbank City Council’s Learning & Information Exchange page must meet at least one of the following criteria, at the discretion of Council:
- Events and programs with a learning focus that are free or low cost and based in Brimbank or the Western region and are not profit driven or commercial in nature
- Community notices, documents, multimedia content, images and research about learning from local non-profit organisations, including clubs and community centres
The following categories of material are excluded from display, except at the discretion of Brimbank City Council:
- Private notices and advertisements for financial gain, unless they relate to regular, community-based learning activities being held
- Events which are of a purely promotional nature for commercial businesses, eg sales, specials, discounts, offers
- Notices of a political nature
- Personal notices
- Any item of a discriminatory, sensitive, religious or controversial nature.
All displayed notices must comply with:
- These guidelines
- Any other current Brimbank City Council guidelines and policies
- All relevant State or Federal legislation for the public display of material.
Brimbank City Council reserves the right to reject event listings that it considers offensive, unethical, prejudiced, racist or sexist, and reserves the right to edit, or not include, or remove events submitted, at its discretion.
Brimbank City Council will make every effort to avoid errors in the publishing of your information. Council requires that organisers check their events listing for errors before submitting an event.
Brimbank City Council provides the Learning & Information Exchange for information and communication purposes only and accepts no responsibility or liability for any errors or omissions or for actions based on this information.
Submitters agree to indemnify Brimbank City Council against any and all claims and legal actions against the Council arising out of the publication information on the Brimbank Learning & Information Exchange.
Brimbank City Council reserves the right to amend these terms and conditions at any time without prior notice