Brimbank Libraries Internet Conditions of Use
Access to the computers in all Brimbank Libraries is available to customers at no charge within the following guidelines:
- All customers are able to book the computers for a maximum of 1 hour per day
- Bookings may be made but will be cancelled if you do not arrive within 4 minutes of scheduled starting time
- Restrictions including file type and speed may apply
- Parents/Guardians responsible for Wi-Fi use by children under 18 years of age
- Brimbank Libraries has no responsibility for security of personal or other information
- Equipment configuration setting changes and system security are the sole responsibility of owner of the device
- Users must adhere to all relevant laws including Copyright and licensing agreement
- The internet must not be used for displaying pornographic, obscene or offensive material
- The internet must not be used to access to online gambling services
- Limited staff assistance may be available (Please check the Libraries What’s On classes / Help sessions for more comprehensive assistance)
- Use of the service may be monitored and investigate any misuse in conjunction with relevant agencies
- Data to be saved to personal storage device with any saved data on PC will be deleted at end of session
- Customers will be restricted from accessing computers if they have long overdue items or accrued charges greater than $15
- Information on being cybersafe: www.esafety.gov.au
Subscribe to our newsletter!
Find out about our latest Library news, collections, services and events.
News about local activities, resources and research relating to Lifelong Learning in Brimbank.