Becoming a Library Member
Brimbank Libraries are free and open to all.
To join the library you will need proof of your name and current Victorian address.
Children who are under the age of 18 must be joined up by a parent or guardian.
Young people aged 16-17 years and with proof of identification may join the library as an independent.
You may join the library by visiting any of our 5 Libraries at Sunshine, Sydenham, St Albans, Deer Park and Keilor
You may also join online and we will post a library membership card and library information to you. To join online you must be over the age of 18 and a resident within Victoria
To complete your online membership please click on the link below
The membership card and pack may take up to 10 working days to arrive.
Click here to join online
What Brimbank Libraries Offers
You may borrow up to 40 items on your library card including:
Books and audio books for 4 weeks
CDs and DVDs for 4 weeks (limit of 40)
Magazines for 1 week
Playstation and Xbox games for 4 weeks (limit of 2)
Toys for 4 weeks (limit of 2 toys, no reservations)
Items can be returned to any Brimbank library during opening hours or through the after-hours chute.
You can request a new title if it meets our selection criteria, and is not already in our collection.
If an item is borrowed from another library service, an interlibrary loan fee will apply. (As of November 2022, this service is temporarily suspended until further notice).
Click here to make a Suggestion
Our collections we offer to the community include books, CDs, DVDs, magazines, PlayStation games, toys, audio books and eBooks
We have books and DVDs in many languages, including Vietnamese, Chinese, Arabic, Maltese, Spanish, Italian, Macedonian, Punjabi, Tamil, Greek, Croatian, Serbian and Polish
Resources for learning English
Online resources for learning and research
Programs and Services
Storytimes for preschool children
School holiday and after school activities
Study facilities and services for students
Conversation clubs, book groups and English learning programs for adults
Spaces to relax
Printing and photocopying are available for a fee
Mobile printing from any device
Conditions of use
- Reservations may be placed on all items except toys at no charge. Items that are reserved may not be renewed.
- If we do not have a book you are looking for you may request it through our website or when visiting one of our 5 libraries. Some items may not be held by us but can be requested from other public libraries and at a cost of $3.30 (inter-library loan). (As of November 2022, this service is temporarily suspended until further notice).
- Any item damaged, destroyed or lost will have a replacement or damage fee applied
- Please notify the library immediately if your library card is lost or stolen
- Notify the library immediately of any change to your personal details including name and address