Information which is posted on Brimbank City Council’s Learning & Information Exchange page must meet at least one of the following criteria, at the discretion of Council:
• Events and programs with a learning focus that are free or low cost and based in Brimbank or the Western region and are not profit driven or commercial in nature
• Community notices, documents, multimedia content, images and research about learning from local non-profit organisations, including clubs and community centres
The following categories of material are excluded from display, except at the discretion of Brimbank City Council:
• Private notices and advertisements for financial gain, unless they relate to regular, community-based learning activities being held
• Events which are of a purely promotional nature for commercial businesses, eg sales, specials, discounts, offers
• Notices of a political nature
• Personal notices
• Any item of a discriminatory, sensitive, religious or controversial nature.
All displayed notices must comply with:
• These guidelines
• Any other current Brimbank City Council guidelines and policies
• All relevant State or Federal legislation for the public display of material.
Brimbank City Council reserves the right to reject event listings that it considers offensive, unethical, prejudiced, racist or sexist, and reserves the right to edit, or not include, or remove events submitted, at its discretion.
Brimbank City Council will make every effort to avoid errors in the publishing of your information. Council requires that organisers check their events listing for errors before submitting an event.
Brimbank City Council provides the Learning & Information Exchange for information and communication purposes only and accepts no responsibility or liability for any errors or omissions or for actions based on this information.
Submitters agree to indemnify Brimbank City Council against any and all claims and legal actions against the Council arising out of the publication information on the Brimbank Learning & Information Exchange.
• Brimbank City Council reserves the right to amend these terms and conditions at any time without prior notice
You hereby agree with the following terms:
a. To accept full responsibility for the comment that you submit.
b. To use this function only for lawful purposes.
c. Not to post defamatory, abusive, offensive, racist, sexist, threatening, vulgar, obscene, hateful or otherwise inappropriate comments, or to post comments which will constitute a criminal offence or give rise to civil liability.
d. Not to post or make available any material which is protected by copyright, trade mark or other proprietary right without the express permission of the owner of the copyright, trade mark or any other proprietary right.
e. To evaluate for yourself the accuracy of any opinion, advice or other content.
Step 1 - Create an account:
- Click on the Post a Topic button. You will be brought to a login screen.
- Create a new account!
- Once a new account has been created, a confirmation email will be sent and you. Click the link in the email to activate your account.
- Once you are logged in, click on the Learning & Information Exchange button at the top of the website.
- Fill in the subject and body text. Attach an image or pdf file.
- Click on the submit button to post!